CBS have today announced an official release date for the sophomore season of Star Trek: The Next Generation on blu-ray. The 5-disc set is due for release on December 4 in the U.S. and Canadian markets. Furthermore, an initial outline of bonus features has also been published to give fans an idea of what’s to come on the set:
- Episodic Promos
- Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary on “Q Who” with Dan Curry, Rob Bowman and Mike Okuda
- Audio Commentary on “The Measure of a Man” with Melinda Snodgrass, Robert Scheerer and Mike Okuda
- Featurette: Reunification: 25 Years After The Next Generation (HD)
- The Measure of a Man (HD Extended Version)
- Featurette: Making It So: Continuing The Next Generation (HD)
- All SD features originally included on the DVD release
CBS should be releasing a more detailed breakdown of these features in due course. Be prepared for some amazing surprises in the Season 2 set… whilst we can’t publish any of the details just yet, I assure you that the TNG-R Season 2 Blu-Rays could quite easily go down in Trek history as the BEST Star Trek home entertainment release ever produced. Watch this space!
Finally – a quick note on our interview with CBS Digital. I spoke to the multi-talented crew headed up by Craig Weiss last Friday. I was able to put many of your questions to Craig and the team, and will be publishing the interview in full starting next week. Thanks to everyone for all their emails and questions!
|Order Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Blu-Ray today!||Order Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 2 Blu-Ray today!