Earlier this week, TrekCore attended a special exclusive event organized by Paramount and Namco Bandai Games to promote the brand new Star Trek game which is set to be released in April this year. We’ll have some special reports from the event coming very soon from our London correspondent, but in the meantime Namco Bandai have sent TrekCore some brand new screenshots and design images of the game along with the final approved pre-release information! The game is set to be released on XBox 360, PS3 and PC platforms.
The award-winning Star Trek game casts players for the first time ever as Kirk and Spock in a totally original co-op experience worthy of gamers and fans. Set in the new canon of director and producer J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek (2009) reboot, players will be immersed in the game’s rich story and action-packed combat. Under development by acclaimed Ontario-based developers Digital Extremes (Bioshock 2, Dark Sector, The Darkness 2), Star Trek features an original story by BAFTA award winner and God of War writer, Marianne Krawczyk, in collaboration with the writer/producers of the new Star Trek films, Bob Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof.
Authentic Trek Universe:
- ORIGINAL STANDALONE STORY – Set after the events of the Star Trek (2009) reboot, continue the sweeping journey through the new universe with a completely original story.
- EXPLORE – Uncover new areas on the Enterprise and other ships, explore never-before-seen sectors throughout the galaxy including exotic planets, treacherous jungles, remote space stations and other locales.
Kirk / Spock Asymmetrical Co-Op Play:
- ULTIMATE CO-OP – Built from the ground up as a co-op experience, Star Trek packs two vastly different gameplay styles and unique character abilities into one game. The result: the most fully realized and varied co-op experience of this console generation.
- KIRK AND SPOCK REBORN – Play for the first time as two of the most well-known characters in science fiction, as only this new Star Trek game could allow. With the fate of the galaxy on the line, players must rely on each other to create a kick-ass team.
Epic Action Adventure:
- SCOPE AND VARIETY – Authentic set pieces and ever-changing gameplay underscore the adventure in Star Trek. Hijack enemy battleships, jump precariously through Zero G onto moving spaceships and Swim through subterranean waterways.
- 23rd CENTURY WEAPONS – Star Trek employs a wide variety of weapons and gear, putting you in complete control of a huge load out of 23rd Century tech, including unique signature weapons for Kirk and Spock. Combined with your character’s special skills, every encounter, every no-win situation will turn out differently based on who, what and how you play.
Star Trek: The Game is released on April 23, 2013 in the US and Canada and a few days later on April 26th in the UK, Germany and other European territories. As we mentioned, the title is available for Xbox 360, PS3 and the PC. You can pre-order your copy today using the links below to Amazon!
|Order Star Trek: The Video Game for PS3 today!||Order Star Trek: The Video Game for Xbox 360 today!