Paramount Pictures have today announced that Star Trek Into Darkness is set for a home entertainment DVD and Blu-ray release date of September 10, 2013. Paramount’s press release also includes a list of Blu-ray bonus features which fans can look forward to.
Amazon.com is offering a number of different purchase options for fans, some of which we’ve already highlighted on the main page.
If you’re ordering either the DVD (for $16.99, down from $29.99), the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack (for $19.99, down from $39.99) or the 3D Blu-ray/Standard Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack (for $24.99, down from $54.99) then you’ll receive a free copy of the Star Trek: Countdown to Darkness Comic Book! You can pre-order your format of choice from Amazon using the links below the press release.
Press Release & Bonus Features
“I’m excited for viewers at home to check out Star Trek Into Darkness on Blu-ray and DVD,” said J.J. Abrams. “They did a great job and I’m thrilled with how everything looks and sounds. We also have some really fun behind-the-scenes special features that we shot on the Red and created entirely in-house at Bad Robot. They really look amazing and unlike anything I’ve seen on DVD or Blu-ray before.” Abrams added “I hope fans enjoy seeing the process that went into making the movie and the truly amazing work of our most spectacular cast and crew.”
The Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray/DVD and Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD combo packs with UltraViolet™ are bursting with behind-the-scenes material detailing how the filmmakers delivered a rousing epic filled with both spectacle and soul. For the first time, the special features included in the combo packs were produced entirely by Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and captured in spectacular high quality on Red Epic cameras for a uniquely intimate perspective of the filmmakers’ process.
Written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof, the film follows the crew of the Enterprise as a shocking act of terror on Earth sends them on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice. STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS features an outstanding ensemble cast including John Cho, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Peter Weller and Anton Yelchin.
Blu-ray Special features:
– Feature film in high definition
– Creating the Red Planet – Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film.
– Attack on Starfleet – Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters.
– The Klingon Home World – Discover the stunning world of Kronos, and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation.
– The Enemy of My Enemy – Find out how, and why, the identity of the film’s true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.
– Ship to Ship – An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects.
– Brawl by the Bay – Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film’s breathtaking climax.
– Continuing the Mission – An inspiring look at the partnership between the film’s crew and the organization that assists returning veterans to find meaningful ways to contribute on the home front.
If that’s not enough, Amazon.com have a very special Limited Edition Gift Set which combines the 3D Blu-ray combo set with a very snazzy screen authentic Phaser replica from the talented craftsmen at Quantum Mechanix. The stunt version of the pistol features a manual spinner that uses magnets to lock the barrel into position. You can pre-order the gift set for the discounted price of $79.99, down from $99.99.
Amazon.co.uk offer three different formats for fans wanting to pick up Star Trek Into Darkness. You can pre-order the standard DVD for just £12.50, the Blu-ray for £18.50 or the 3D Blu-ray/Standard Blu-ray combo pack for £20.50. Unfortunately the phaser gift-set isn’t available, so UK fans after that collectible will have to order through the American Amazon.
Amazon’s German outlet Amazon.de also has three format options available for Star Trek Into Darkness pre-orders. Sporting different cover art, German fans can order the standard DVD for EUR 14,99, the Blu-ray for EUR 21,99 and the 3D Blu-ray/Standard Blu-ray/DVD combo pack for EUR 25,99.