We've been so busy here at TrekCore HQ with the newly-released Next Generation Season 5 Blu-rays that we nearly forgot about that OTHER high-def show! At long last, we've got the full press release detailing the contents of the upcoming Blu-ray release of of Star Trek: Enterprise - Season 3.
Additionally, we've got the Season Three trailer available to download for those of you who want a local copy of the high-definition video.
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE
Season Three of the Fan-Favorite Series Debuts
on Blu-ray with New, Exclusive Special Features
All 24 Exciting Episodes Presented in Spectacular High Definition,
Plus a Never-Before-Seen Three-Part Documentary,
When the Six-Disc Set Debuts January 7, 2014
The original starship Enterprise continues its historic voyage into the final frontier of high definition when STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE—SEASON THREE on Blu-ray makes its debut on January 7 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution.
Featuring all 24 episodes from the third season, the six-disc Blu-ray set also includes never-before-seen special features that are exclusive to this release: “In A Time of War,” a new three-part documentary, and a new featurette entitled “Temporal Cold War: Declassified.”
In addition, the Blu-ray includes bonus material previously released on DVD such as commentaries, deleted scenes from select episodes and archival mission logs for an in-depth and immersive viewing experience. With breathtaking 1080p high-definition picture and remastered sound, the STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE Blu-ray releases have received rave reviews.
Starring Scott Bakula, Jolene Blalock, Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, Linda Park, Anthony Montgomery and John Billingsley, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE follows the adventures of the Enterprise NX-01, the first Earth-built vessel capable of breaking the Warp 5 barrier, and her intrepid crew of brave explorers.
The collection also includes the exclusive featurette, “Temporal Cold War: Declassified.” In this never-before-seen piece, the show’s creators, cast and production team reveal details about the original story arc that was never fully explored; in addition, the group discusses how the temporal cold war would have ended if the series had continued.
In addition to all-new commentary tracks on select episodes with some of the franchise’s most notable names, the high-definition collection includes the newly produced “In A Time Of War.” This retrospective, multi-part documentary offers fans an inside look at the making of the series’ groundbreaking third season, which was the first in the franchise to feature a year-long story arc. In this piece, the writers and production staff discuss the complexities of plotting the Xindi story arc along with the development of the key themes seen in the show’s pivotal third season.
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE – SEASON THREE on Blu-ray will be available in 1080p with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, German 5.1 Dolby Digital, French Stereo Surround and Japanese Stereo Surround. The discs also include English SDH, French, German, Japanese and Dutch subtitles. The Blu-ray is Not Rated in the U.S. and rated PG in Canada. It will be available for the suggested retail price of $130.00 U.S. and $150.00 Canada.
The disc breakdown is as follows:
- Text Commentary by Mike & Denise Okuda on “The Xindi” (2005)
- Archival Mission Logs:
- The Xindi Saga Begins (SD)
- Enterprise Moments: Season Three (SD)
- Episode Commentary by David Livingston and David A. Goodman on “Impulse” – NEW!
- Text Commentary by Mike & Denise Okuda on “Impulse” (2005)
- Episode Commentary by Mike Sussman and Tim Gaskill on “Twilight” (2008)
- Episode Commentary by David A. Goodman and Chris Black on “North Star” – NEW!
- Episode Commentary by Mike DeMeritt on “North Star” (2005)
- Episode Commentary by Manny Coto and Connor Trinneer on “Similitude” – NEW!
- Episode Commentary by Manny Coto on “Similitude” (2005)
- Deleted Scenes from “Similitude” (SD)
- Deleted Scene from “Chosen Realm” (SD)
- Episode Commentary by David A. Goodman, Chris Black and Connor Trinneer on “The Forgotten” – NEW!
- Deleted Scenes from “E2” (SD)
- Episode Commentary by Chris Black and André Bormanis on “Countdown” – NEW!
- Text Commentary by Mike & Denise Okuda on “Countdown” (2005)
- In A Time Of War: (HD) – NEW!
- Part One: Call To Arms
- Part Two: Front Lines
- Part Three: Final Conflict
- Temporal Cold War: Declassified (HD) – NEW!
- Archival Mission Logs:
- Enterprise Profile: Connor Trinneer (SD)
- A Day In The Life Of A Director: Roxann Dawson (SD)
- Behind The Camera: Marvin Rush (SD)
- Enterprise Secrets (SD)
- Outtakes (SD)
- Photo Gallery (SD)
- NX-01 File 07 (SD)
- NX-01 File 08 (SD)
- NX-01 File 09 (SD)
So what are you waiting for? Pre-order your copy of Star Trek: Enterprise Season 3 on Blu-ray at Amazon using the links below.