Yesterday we reported that Star Trek: Enterprise's first season makes its way on to Blu-Ray on March 26, 2013 and posted the finished cover art for the set. Today CBS has sent TrekCore the full press release for the first season including a disc-by-disc breakdown of the bonus features. Here's the press release reproduced in its entirety:
EMBARK ON THE MAIDEN VOYAGE OF THE ENTERPRISE NX-01 IN
SPARKLING HIGH DEFINITION
STAR TREK ENTERPRISE
THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON BLU-RAY™
Six-Disc Set Boasts New Special Features Including
Multi-Part Documentary With New Cast And Crew Interviews And
An Intimate Conversation With The Creators
Available March 26, 2013
HOLLYWOOD, Calif.(January 7, 2013) – Experience the historic voyage of the starship Enterprise NX-01 like never before when STAR TREK®: ENTERPRISE—THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON makes its Blu-ray debut on March 26 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution.
The STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE—THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON Blu-ray boasts brand new bonus features including a multi-part, retrospective documentary called “To Boldly Go: Launching Enterprise” that gives fans an inside look at the development and production of the series and is exclusive to this collection. The documentary features interviews with the show’s cast and crew, some of which were shot as recently as December 2012, as well as archival footage and behind-the-scenes clips. The documentary includes:
Part One: Countdown - Chronicles the challenges faced by the producers and creative staff as they attempt to launch a new chapter in the Star Trek® saga by making the then-radical decision to create a prequel to the beloved original series. Features all new interviews with key personnel including creators Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, production designer Herman Zimmerman, technical consultants Michael and Denise Okuda, writers Andre Bormanis, Phyllis Strong and more.
Part Two: Boarding the NX-01 - Follows the team as they begin the casting process and production on the series 2-hour pilot “Broken Bow.” Features all-new interviews with key cast and crew including series pilot director James L. Conway and series leads Scott Bakula ("Jonathan Archer"), Connor Trinneer ("Trip Tucker"), and Dominic Keating ("Malcolm Reed").
Part Three: First Flight - Charts the course for the rest of the series' first season including all-new interviews with key production and post-production personnel.
The six-disc set also includes a candid conversation with the series’ creators, Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, offering a glimpse into their creative process. In addition, the Blu-ray features brand new commentaries on select episodes from the season, along with a host of previously released special features such as deleted scenes and outtakes.
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE recounts the adventures of the pioneers of space travel who ventured into the universe 100 years before James T. Kirk helmed the starship of the same name. Set in the 22nd century, ENTERPRISE takes place in an era when interstellar travel is still in its infancy. Captain Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) has assembled a crew of brave explorers to chart the galaxy on a revolutionary spacecraft: Enterprise NX-01. As the first human beings to venture into deep space, these men and women will experience the wonder and mystery of the final frontier as they seek out new life and new civilizations.
The STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE – THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON Blu-ray includes all 25 episodes from the inaugural season and will be available in 1080p with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, German and Italian 5.1 (Dolby Digital), and French, Castilian and Japanese Stereo Surround (Dolby Digital). The discs also include English SDH, French, German, Castilian, Italian, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish subtitles. The Blu-ray is not rated in the U.S. and rated PG in Canada, and it will be available for the suggested retail price of $130.00 U.S. and $150.00 Canada.
The disc breakdown is as follows:
- Audio Commentary with co-creator/executive producer Brannon Braga, director James L. Conway, visual effects producer Dan Curry and cast members Connor Trinneer (Trip Tucker) and Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) on “Broken Bow”—NEW!
- Audio Commentary with Brannon Braga and Rick Berman on “Broken Bow”
- Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on “Broken Bow”
- Deleted Scenes from “Broken Bow” (SD)
- Deleted Scenes from “Fight or Flight” (SD)
- In Conversation: Rick Berman and Brannon Braga—NEW! (HD)
- Archival Mission Log: Creating Enterprise (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: O Captain! My Captain! A Profile of Scott Bakula (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 02 (SD)
- Cast Introduction—NEW (SD)
- Network Presentation—NEW (SD)
- Syndication Presentation—NEW (SD)
- Deleted Scene from “Unexpected” (SD)
- Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on “The Andorian Incident”
- Archival Mission Log: Cast Impressions: Season 1 (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Enterprise Secrets (SD)
- Audio commentary with writer/story editor André Bormanis and visual effects producer Dan Curry on “Silent Enemy”—NEW!
- Deleted Scene from “Sleeping Dogs” (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Star Trek Time Travel: Temporal Cold Wars and Beyond (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Admiral Forrest Takes Center Stage (SD)
- Audio Commentary with writers/executive story editors Mike Sussman and Phyllis Strong on “Shadows of P’Jem”—NEW!
- Audio Commentary with co-creator/executive producer Brannon Braga, director David Livingston and cast members Connor Trinneer (Trip Tucker) and Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) on “Shuttlepod One”—NEW!
- Deleted Scene from “Shuttlepod One” (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Inside Shuttlepod One (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 01 (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 03 (SD)
- Deleted Scenes from “Oasis” (SD)
- Deleted Scenes from “Fallen Hero” (SD)
- Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on “Vox Sola”
- Archival Mission Log: Enterprise Outtakes (SD)
- On The Set —NEW (SD)
- Deleted Scene from “Two Days and Two Nights” (SD)
- Deleted Scenes from “Shockwave, Part 1” (SD)
- Documentary: “To Boldly Go: Launching Enterprise”—NEW! (HD)
- Part 1: Countdown
- Part 2: Boarding the NX-01
- Part 3: First Flight
- Archival Mission Log: Celebrating Star Trek® (SD)
Fans worldwide can lock in a pre-order for Season 1 of Star Trek: Enterprise below.